- The Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer (AVHRR) is an instrument package on board a series of NOAA satellites that orbit the poles.
- The Landsat satellites have imaged the earth since the early 1970s, providing the longest continuous global record of the earth’s surface. Currently there are two Landsat satellites in orbit, Landsat 5 and Landsat 7, that each image the entire earth every 16 days.
- GINA has received MODIS data and processed images in real-time since August 2001.
- NASA's next Earth-observing research satellite. It is the first of a new generation of satellites that will observe many facets of our changing Earth.
- Spot 5, launched in 2002, is the fifth satellite in the Satellite Pour l’Observation de la Terre program